August 17, 2011

Daily Thrills

It's rather incredible how you can go to bed on a Friday night and wake up and allofasudden it's Wednesday morning. Sort of fascinating how that happens.
Ok, ok... in all honesty, I only wish I'd been able to sleep for a full 5 days. For some reason, my place of employment just isn't ok with that. Something about meeting deadlines and being conscious enough to answer the phones. Humph.
Actually, the past week has been full, which is why it has (thankfully) gone quickly and I've lost track of time just a bit. Looking back, though, life has been mostly kind of... boring. I've been doing a lot, but nothing very thrilling. Here's a quick snapshot of what I've been up to:

Quite a bit of running (don't I look thrilled?). I've logged over 28 miles just in the last 5 days, not including some cross training and lots and lots of crunches. I'm feeling good about the race in a few weeks and seriously contemplating registering for three more between then and November, one of which is another half marathon. Can you spell addicting? Or crazy? I sure can...

Saturday I spent a nice afternoon with my friend N (whose hubby is a gazillion miles away with mine) and one of her friends. We went out for lunch, enjoyed awesome pedicures, and even splurged and finished our girls' date with the best frozen yogurt in town. My toes and my tummy were quite happy, and it was fun to spend some time with friends!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I don't have any actual pictures of me napping, and even if I did I doubt they'd be that cute. The furball and I have, however, been spending some quality time napping lately:
... and I might not be lying if I told you that one night this week, I actually slept for 11 hours. I certainly wouldn't be lying if I told you that those were the most blissful 11 hours I've experienced lately.

I've been writing so many letters that I'm pretty sure my poor hubby is getting sick of reading the same things over and over. One can only say "I miss you," "The cat misses you too," "I love you," and "are you freaking home yet???" in so many ways....

I've been reading this, which is one of the best but also one of the saddest books I've read in quite a while. Definitely recommended, but not if you're looking for a light read. The next book on my list is Eric Larson's In the Garden of Beasts, which doesn't look like it's going to be any happier, so after that I will be actively seeking out some fluff to finish my summer on a high note.
So that's what I've been doing lately: all very exciting and blogworthy, certainly. Maybe one of these days I'll have something a little more fun and exciting to share? Although after a quiet night at home last night, eating leftovers in my finally-clean apartment and watching Teen Mom (don't judge) while writing a letter to Dan, I suppose that maybe boring is quite alright with me for now.
Hope you are all enjoying the excitement in your own lives right now -- or relishing the calm!


   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com