August 19, 2011

Friday Favorites: Better Together

It's been a crazy-frustrating-annoying day so far. But that's (thankfully) not what we're here to talk about. Because frankly, Fridays can be as crazy-frustrating-annoying as they'd like, and they're still about a billion times better than certain other days of the week (that's right, Tuesday... I'm looking at you).
Interestingly enough, my favorite things this week have fit neatly into little pairs, so here we go: an Ernie and Bert/coffee and chocolate/hugs and kisses edition of Friday Favorites:

After this week, I have a newly discovered appreciation for these two lovely services. USPS mailed me free boxes to send overseas, picked up Dan's first care package from my doorstep, and delivered it to him halfway across the world, all in a surprisingly timely manner. I was so relieved to hear that he received it yesterday, because filling out those customs forms took more brainpower than any college final I ever took. I was pretty worried that I might leave the apartment one morning only to be arrested by the customs police for checking the wrong box somewhere on step 16C...
Also, thank goodness for Skype! Hubby and I were able to chat for a while on Wednesday evening and it was absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad we have all kinds of incredible technology to help us communicate, even though I still write him a letter almost every night!

This pair is twelve kinds of adorable in the movie Crazy Stupid Love. It's a very well-written film and Steve Carell is wonderfully funny, but these two really make the movie. Miss Emma Stone is gorgeous in that "I have no idea how good I look" way, and adorably nerdy in a way I can only hope to be when I am studying for the bar myself in a few years. I'm a little late to jump on the Ryan Gosling bandwagon (I cried at The Notebook as much as the next 17-year-old girl, but never thought he was that great), but I think he has really hit his stride as a serious actor. Blue Valentine was fantastic, and The Ides of March looks like it's going to be excellent as well. The best part, though, was how perfect these two seemed for each other, which apparently wasn't just acting: Gosling apparently told an interviewer "Show me someone that wouldn't give it all up for Emma Stone, and I'll show you a liar."

This lovely little pair is directly responsible for the fact that I didn't throw up my hands, put my phone on Do Not Disturb, and crawl under my desk today. I'm currently in love with Pandora's custom mix feature: today's playlist has included Mumford and Sons alongside Eric Church, Lady Antebellum with David Grey, Adele and the Spring Awakening soundtrack. No complaints here. 
In other news, I am physically incapable of stopping by Wendy's for a quick and cheap lunch without also purchasing a frosty. Does anyone else have this disorder? I'm not sure if I want to be cured.
Thankfully, these two little indulgences have gotten me through the workday, because my post-5:00 plans are truly exciting:

Yep, that's right -- grocery shopping and a post-grocery-shopping coma. There is so little food in the house that even the poor mice in the pantry are getting thin (this is a joke, thank goodness... if there were actually mice in the pantry I'd be packing my bags for somewhere far, far away instead of restocking their snacks). Last night's dinner was a bowl of cereal, and I like cereal so I'm not complaining... except that bowl included the last of the milk, so really, it's time. I'm kind of excited to get some real food so that I can stop wondering how bad cat food really could taste every time I open the refrigerator door and find nothing there. 
After all of that excitement, I'm pretty sure I'll be ready for a little nap... or a long nap, whichever I have time for before going to bed for the night. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be slightly more exciting. If not, unfortunately you'll probably hear about it on Monday. Sorry about that.
Happy Friday, everyone!


   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com