August 3, 2011

Nothing Like It

There's nothing like startling awake in the middle of the night to a phone call... only to hear my hubby's voice for the first time in what felt like years. (Ok, so it was only a little over 24 hours. A lot had happened in those 24 hours, though, and hearing from him was an incredible relief. Even though we only got to talk for a few minutes, I fell back to sleep with a huge smile on my face.)
There's nothing like being called into the boss' boss' office in the middle of the day with no explanation... only to get a great compliment on something I spent days writing and editing. Of course, like most workplace praise, it was coupled with a request for more work, but I suppose I'll take what I can get.
There's nothing like struggling through the workday, exhausted (see aforementioned late-night phone call) and swamped (see aforementioned extra work)... only to get a call that there is a "very pretty bouquet of flowers" waiting upstairs for me. 
There's nothing like pushing through the first few miles of a tough run and fighting a strong urge to collapse in a random patch of grass... only to (finally) get into a good place and fly through the rest of the miles with no problem.
There's nothing like coming home after a long day to a dark and empty apartment... only to hear a kitty cat come bounding down the hall to greet me. Thank goodness for furry friends!
There's nothing like learning to appreciate the good in life!


   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com