August 14, 2012

The Good and The Bad

Good news: The crazy type-A bride didn't scare our photographer away, which is lucky because he is pretty amazing. Dan and I were both thrilled and thought he was the perfect mix of "Don't mind me, I'm just here to document the day," and "This would be an amazing shot, let's make this work." He mentioned the magic words: "fast and easy family pictures," and if I hadn't already been sold, that certainly would have done it. He actually apologized for the insane amount of pictures we would have to go through after the wedding... swoon. I am so excited not just to see all the incredible pictures he takes, but to share our day with him.
Bad news: If you didn't already see it coming -- there may be a bit of a wedding picture overload over here starting sometime mid-October. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Good news: I know exactly what I want for our wedding cake, down to the very last detail.
Bad news: I have yet to find someone to make it. My top choice is booked for the rest of the year, and I'm still waiting to hear back from my plan B, which is making me incredibly nervous. I may be spending some time in the next month learning the fine art of fondant....

Good news: Our invitations are printed and the envelopes should be finished today. Since the envelopes looked better with a block print, we went ahead and paid for them to print all of them for us, which has surely spared me several dramatic late-night battles with my printer.
Bad news: We still have to stuff and seal each envelope, and then I will be handing over my left arm and leg to the US Post Office to pay for their delivery to 17 different states.

Good news: One of my very best friends and wonderful bridesmaids has started selling that line of bags/totes/purses that goes by a number larger than 30 but less than 32. I went to a party she hosted this weekend and am pretty excited that in a few weeks when my order comes in, I will be able to stop carrying my lunch to work in a plastic bag everyday. I am super excited for my new (thermal!) lunchbox and the other versatile tote I bought. If anyone's interested in checking out this practical but cute line of bags, let me know and I can connect you with my friend! (And no, she's not even aware that I am writing this.)
Bad news: I already know what I want from the fall catalog... dangerous...

Good news: There are so many amazing honeymoon spots with breathtaking views, awesome private pools, beautiful beaches, and so much potential for a week full of blissful relaxation. We have narrowed it down to one resort and a few private villas, each of which are absolutely incredible.
Bad news: We have to choose just one.

Good news: There are just 45 days left until the wedding!
Bad news: Um... There are just 45 days left until the wedding. Excuse me while I have a small panic attack.

Good news: That food post I mentioned yesterday is in the works, full of yummy new recipes I've been dying to try.
Bad news: That post may lead to some intense cravings. Which may lead to a few extra pounds. Which may lead to a wedding dress that doesn't quite fit. Which may be why it's taking all the self-control I have not to actually try these recipes out until after the wedding.

Hope your Tuesday brings lots of good news!

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com