July 20, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

In 24 hours, I will be on my way to this lovely state...
to soak up every minute of four days with this wonderful guy:
I am absolutely in shock that this weekend is here -- the past two months have, somehow, been both the fastest and slowest of my life. I am beyond thrilled to see my hubby, but very sad to have to say goodbye for another 10-ish months.
This weekend was a nice balance of relaxing (including a few hours by the pool with an excellent book) and fun. I cooked some of this...
butternut squash, raisins, maple syrup, cinnamon, and some cereal thrown in for crunch
...which tasted much better than the horrible-quality picture would seem to suggest.
I also ran this many miles...
 ... all at once! I headed out without much of a plan Saturday morning, and I ended up back at my car just as the Garmin hit 13.3. It was a tough run but definitely do-able, and I am so relieved to know that a half-marathon is officially within my grasp.
On Sunday, this lovely lady:

came to spend the day with me. It was really wonderful to see her and I was so grateful for her company! All in all, it was a very fun and blissfully laid-back weekend.
Since then, I've been up to my ears in to-do lists, to-pack lists, and trying to keep myself entirely too busy to ponder the conflicting emotions surrounding this weekend. Unfortunately, Dan will not get a two week R&R, so these four days are all we have. We are hoping to spend some time with a few of these guys...

and do a little of this:
eating, shopping, and maybe even some smooching!
I'm excited to enjoy a fun weekend, but I know that Monday's flight home will come much too quickly.
Between working extra hours and getting ready for the trip, I doubt I'll be around here much in the next few days. Hope that everyone has a fantastic week, and I'll be back to post about the trip when I return!

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com