February 10, 2012

Friday Favorites: Best of the Blogs

I know I sing some variation of the same tune each Friday: this has been such a long week, I am so exhausted, I need a weekend so badly I just can't stand it. Today, after 6+ hours of overtime work (on top of those 40 that I am oh-so-thrilled to spend here at the office every week), almost 2.5 days of (mostly useless) on-the-job training, more meetings than I care to go back and count, and 7 sessions at the gym (including running! twice!) in the past 4.5 days... I'm going to sing it again. It really has been such a long week, I really am so exhausted, and I really do need a weekend so very badly (which is lucky, considering the one looming just hours away).
So instead of filling up a post with my complaints or sleepy ramblings or half-hearted attempts at humor, I'm going to send you off to meet a few other people whose writings are much more impressive. These are just a few of the faces of the internet who inspire me, make me think, set me off rolling with laughter, warm my heart, and brighten my day. Go ahead: check them out. Love them as I do.

This blogger is the complete package: wonderfully entertaining writing, incredible photographs, and the best recipes you will find anywhere on the whole internet. Not only do I read every day, but her blog is the first place I go when I need a recipe for anything at all. Searching for a dinner idea? Look no further. In need of a clever dessert? She's your girl. Cooking for a crowd? Got you covered. And I can tell you that absolutely 100% of the recipes I've made from her site (and I've made a lot) have been so straightforward and amazingly, unbelievably, earth-shatteringly good. The number of compliments I have gotten on her recipes is just unreal. Also of note: she has cornered the market on adorable puppy pictures.

This blogger is one of the most dedicated, impressive, and inspiring athletes I don't-really-know-but-love-to-read-about. She is a crazy-fast runner, super-amazing triathlete, overwhelmingly-spirited cheerleader, and general sweaty motivator extraordinaire (and calling her sweaty is in no means an insult -- it's a trait she's pretty proud of). She is a fellow carb fanatic (whether it comes in bagel or beer form) and is the first blogger I look up when I need a little extra motivation to get myself out for a workout. I have run in her city a few times (when staying with our friends who live there), and one of these days I would love to run into her (no pun intended)... although I doubt I'd even have time to recognize her as she whizzed past.

Even though I'm not a mama myself yet, I still like to read the words and wisdom of a few, and this blogger has to be one of my very favorites. She is absolutely one of the funniest people I don't actually know, and her writing frequently has me stifling snorts at my desk. She is brutally honest and incredibly witty, handling the ups and downs of life with an admirable sense of humor. She is also one fabulous mom to two little guys with autism (a special need that is very close to my heart and a detail that led me to her blog in the first place) and provides a wonderful point of view on parenting, marriage, and life in general.

If you were to look up the word "adorable" in the dictionary, I am relatively confident that this blogger would appear in the definition. If not her, then at the very least her daughter would be in there -- there's no way you can tell me that this little one isn't the cutest thing in the universe. This blog is beautiful in every way: introspective and insightful, creative, honest and real. She is reassuringly normal, refreshingly down to earth and yet always whimsically dreaming. And then there's that adorable baby... it's hard to get enough. Also be sure to stop by her etsy shop: I bought this necklace as a tiny birthday gift to myself a few months ago, and it is fantastic beyond words.

Finally, I want to introduce this blogger (although I get the impression that everyone probably already knows and loves her). Her blog was a relatively recent find, and I don't think it would be exaggerating to say that her writing fills a void for me. Every little bit of her being spills over into her words as she shares the beauty and balance of motherhood, friendship, family, and time alone. Her passion for life is truly infectious and her pictures tug at your heart -- each one is perfectly captured and infinitely beautiful. Reading her posts is like snuggling up late at night for a cup of coffee (or a glass of wine) and conversation with a best friend: cozy, familiar, and satisfying. She is genuine and beautiful and determined to celebrate every moment as if it were something special (because, as she knows, it is). Her words have made me laugh and cry (sometimes in the same post) and always, always remind me of what is important. And if that's not reason enough to click over and get to know her, do it for little Nella, who is a beautiful girl and a fundraising powerhouse, all wrapped into one.

I hope you've met a few new friends today. I enjoy so many blogs every day, and it's nice to be able to share a handful with anyone who may wander across my little corner of the internet. Speaking of which -- if you do happen to find me here, and you have your very own little corner of the internet, please leave me a comment and share... I'd love to pop over and meet you too!
To all of the aforementioned bloggers: thank you for writing and making my day so often. I hope you're not too creeped out by the fact that I like your blogs as much as I do... I'm harmless, I swear.
Happy weekend, everyone!

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com