June 1, 2012

Seasonal Nostalgia

Ugh... June. Call me crazy, but I have been longing for fall recently. As much as I love to lie by the pool or on the beach, the heat lately has been too much for me. Tuesday I tried to run after work and got seriously overheated (despite being well-hydrated), and even early this morning I was sweating buckets by the time I got back from a few short miles. I am longing for cool breezes, jeans and sweaters, crunchy leaves, and all things pumpkin (except really, who am I kidding... I ate pumpkin yesterday). I'm ready for football games, curling up under a blanket in the evening to watch movies and nap, and opening a window just to breath in that crisp, amazing fall air.
So I've been indulging myself... a pumpkin spice coffee earlier this week (enjoyed in the comfort of air conditioning, of course), my favorite fall scent yesterday (which rendered me the crazy girl who kept smelling her hands and sighing sadly), and finally, this:

fall football
perfect fall outfit
so cute and easy

pumpkin things
pumpkin seeds, pumpkin dip, pumpkin mouse, pumpkin martinis... no such thing as too much pumpkin
fall pillows
so perfect
love the little pompom, this is a a great alternative to a wreath
And the piece de resistance: chai spice cookies with pumpkin Hershey's kisses. Oh. My. Yum.
 
Whyyyy is it still June 1st?!

   Love,

    Meg

1 had something to say:

CJ - Food Stories said...

I've really enjoyed your site so I'm nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award for informative, illuminating, blog content. If you're interested, you can check out the details at my site ... http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ ... Hope you're having a great day!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com