February 27, 2011

Confessions from a Fiance-less Weekend

I have been a complete waste of space so far this weekend. Luckily no one has been around to witness my laziness, and I am of the belief that once in a while, everyone deserves a few days off from... well, the whole world. As much as I miss Dan when he is gone, especially on the weekends, after several crazy weeks in a row it has been nice to be a total slacker. Hopefully the cat isn't judging me too much.
Because the boring weekend has given me absolutely nothing to write about (except terrible commercials and the exact contours of my couch), I figured I'd share some brutally honest confessions about what life is like when your fiance is gone all weekend... hopefully all of you won't judge me too much either:
Confession 1: I changed into shorts and a t-shirt when I got home on Friday, and even though I did shower yesterday, I have yet to put on "real" clothes.
Confession 2: I woke up at 9 yesterday morning (which was blissfully late for this girl), but did not get out of bed until 12... and then it was only to move to the couch.
Confession 3: I did not eat a real meal yesterday, unless you count Thin Mints. As much as I love to cook, it's so nice to take a day off from figuring out how to cook a recipe without that one necessary ingredient I don't have in the pantry (there's always one).
Confession 4: I've watched at least 7 episodes of Sex in the City.
Confession 5: I didn't even open the shades yesterday, much less actually go outside at all.
Confession 6: My idea of productivity? One load of laundry and emptying the dishwasher.
Confession 7: After such an exciting day, I sat down on the couch to watch a movie... and fell asleep. Guess where I slept all night?
Pretty bad, huh? Thankfully I have plans to act like a real person today in hopes of making up for yesterday. It's nice outside so I'm heading to one of my favorite places to run, and then I'm meeting up with my future MIL for a movie this afternoon. Dan comes home tonight to rescue me from empty-house syndrome!


   Love,

    Meg


  

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com