February 11, 2011

Friday Favorites: the Video Edition

It's that time, again, folks!
This week flew by, which is lovely, but I'm sure that this weekend will as well, which is not so lovely. We have a busy and exciting weekend planned (a three-day weekend, no less) and I am so happy that it is here!
Today's edition of Friday Favorites is a little special: I've compiled a few of the short clips and videos that have been making me smile recently. I know it's a lot to ask to take the time to watch these, but I hope you will take my word for it.... these are all youtube gold and are guaranteed to brighten your afternoon (especially the last two).


I was planning to start off with my favorite commercial from last Sunday's Super Bowl. There were a few good ones (darth vader jr. was pretty cute and the monkeys and baby were humorous as always), but when I went back to watch through most of them online I just wasn't very impressed. Certainly none of them live up to my very favorite commercial of all time, which fits so nicely with the football theme that I decided to include it here instead. I've seen this one about a billion times, but every single time I laugh until there are tears streaming down my face. I actually couldn't watch more than 15 seconds when I looked it up again today, because I'm at work and I know that there's no way I could stifle this laughter. You've been warned....

Now if that's not just pee-in-your-pants funny, I don't know what is. I can never pinpoint exactly what makes it so hilarious, but oh boy that one just gets me every time.

Next I wanted to share one of my favorite music videos of all time. I love this band, I love this song, and I just can't get enough of the video. It is so simple, but it reminds me of summer and sun and childhood, and apparently there hasn't been enough of those things in my life recently.
We got to see Lady Antebellum in my hometown this summer, outside on a wonderfully warm evening with friends and a few glasses of wine, and it was a fabulous show. Those three are just so talented and it's clear that they love what they do!

If you need a little cute and cuddly in your life, I've included this next just one for you. Again it is the simplest of videos, but sure to make your heart melt. In other news, I seem to have a thing for rabbits and cups...
I have to add that when I watched this video at home, I showed Toby and I swear he sat and watched the entire thing. I mean his eyes followed the movement and everything. I'm pretty sure that this means one of two things: either he wants a little bunny for a brother, or a bunny in our house might be destined to go the way of the fish (who is still alive, by the way).

The final video I just had to share with you guys involves a little twist on a pretty great song. Perhaps it's because I attended one of the oldest universities in the nation (nope, not Harvard) and developed a healthy appreciation for this era of history, or perhaps it's just because I'm a nerd at heart, but I think this remake is absolutely brilliant.

Ok I've wasted enough of your Fridays -- I really hope you all enjoyed these little tidbits! It's always nice to end the week with a laugh.
Dan and I are headed out of town tonight for an itty-bitty vacation: we're going to his grandparent's house (about 2 hours away) for the night and then will go to his brother's regional wrestling match tomorrow (do you sense a pattern to my weekends recently?). Then we will drive home tomorrow night (hence the itty-bitty part) and are hoping to get to hang out with my best friend and her boyfriend on Sunday. I've taken the day off work on Monday for my grandmother's memorial service, and a little birdy may or may not have mentioned that Dan has made fun valentine-like plans for that evening. Hopefully I'll be able to stash away some extra sleep too -- it has taken so much willpower to keep from putting my head down on my desk and taking a nap this afternoon!
Happy weekend everyone!

   
   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com