July 30, 2012

Crunch Time

The only thing harder than talking oneself out from under the covers on a Monday morning after a particularly fun weekend? Talking oneself out from under the covers on a Monday morning after a particularly fun four day weekend. Ouch. Luckily, I went to bed super early and got a decent amount of sleep last night, so between that and the coffee, my eyes are at least halfway open this morning. Unfortunately, the extra sleep came at a price: there is still a rather large suitcase on my bedroom floor, spewing clothes and shoes at an alarming rate. The apartment is still the disaster zone it was when we left. My washing machine is calling to me. Tonight may be a long one.
We spent the extended weekend celebrating a very special couple who are now husband and wife (hurray!):
We had a great time meeting their families, catching up with some good friends, exploring the lovely state of Tennessee, and of course watching the stunning bride and her handsome groom exchange rings and vows. I know that this weekend was just the beginning of years and years of happiness for them, and we were so lucky to be able to share the experience!
The only downside to the fact that M's wedding has come and gone? Her wedding day also kicked off our own two month countdown. I am a little bit in shock that we are so close, and all the details of this past weekend only served to hammer that home -- in 60 days, I've got to pull off not only a 6 hour event for 150+ people, but an entire weekend for the wedding party and immediate family. My list of things still left to do before September 28 stretches for at least a mile, and while we are not quite in panic mode yet, I know it is rapidly approaching. Last night, though, Dan and I spent some time drooling over looking at honeymoon details and actually making some decisions. We are thisclose to locking it in and we're both so incredibly excited about what we've picked (details when it's official). I have a sneaking suspicion that the anticipation of a week in paradise is going to be very helpful in powering through the craziness of the next two months.
Speaking of powering through: if you need a little help on this Monday morning, look no further

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com