April 8, 2011

Friday Favorites

I feel a little a lot like a delinquent mother these days. My poor blog has been a bit neglected, and unfortunately the dust bunnies floating around in here are only going to multiply over the next two weeks, as I take on extreme wedding craziness and then escape to the beach for a few days with my new hubby (I am counting down the seconds until my feet hit the sand!) For now, though, I wanted to take a few minutes off from the wedding that is consuming.my.life. to reflect on a few things that I am loving this week!




This granola must be what heaven tastes like (despite the terrible pic). I am automatically a big fan of any granola that I am not deathly allergic to, and I may or may not have done a little happy dance when I found this one online. Peanut-less. Soy-less. Homemade. Fantastic. I might have also done an even-more-happy dance when it came in the mail and I tasted it. Heaven, I am telling you. Also reasonably priced, now that this wonderful website (where I also get yummy trail mix) has introduced a $6 shipping policy.




I've been reading all kinds of good things about Cupcake Vineyard for quite a while, but hadn't tried any because I rarely drink anything but red. I picked up a bottle of their Pinot Gris (which was on sale!) for a white-wine-drinking friend who came over last weekend, though, and decided I would try a glass too. Such a delicious surprise -- I will definitely be buying more of this!




I wrote earlier this week with some ramblings thoughts on body image. I've also been doing a fair amount of reading on the subject, and found this article, which I think is not only exquisitely written, but also intriguing and inspiring. I look forward to having kids and the joy will undoubtedly bring to our lives, but even until then, I would  love to embrace the beauty that comes with "the consciousness of my good fortune." What a wonderful, if difficult, thing to remember! The other stories in the series are definitely worth a read, too.




This beautiful girl is my maid-of-honor/singular "attendant" for the small wedding, and, more importantly, my best friend. I write about her often and how much I love spending time with her (and miss living just a building away from her at school and seeing her every day), but I'm including her again this week because there is no way that I could have planned this wedding without her. She went with me weeks and weeks ago to look at dresses, helped me find shoes, searched for jewelry with me, and has been a constant source of ideas and (thankfully) calm. She is by far the most patient, practical, thoughtful, and kind person I know, and I am so lucky to have her in my life!




Finally, even though it hasn't technically happened yet, I have to include this weekend, because I've been looking forward to it all week. This is Dan's and my last weekend as an engaged couple (!), and we have very little planned, so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time relaxing and just enjoying his company. He has promised me that we can go see a movie (if I go too long without popcorn and a cherry coke I start to get the shakes... it's kind of sad, really), and the weather is supposed to be nice so we will definitely be spending some time outside. So hard to believe that next weekend, we will be married!
Hope you have all had weeks full of equally wonderful things, and happy weekend!


   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com