January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites: Recipe for a Friday Morning

As Friday mornings go, taking into account that whole have-to-get-up-and-go-to-work thing, this one was relatively lovely. It started off on a good note, as I woke up next to this snugglebug:
I was running early this morning (which never happens) and was rewarded with a blissfully empty gym for most of my workout:
that, except dark (tanks to our neighborhood's website for this pic)
... which was powered by some excellent new purchases, including this song:
Gives me chills every time.
The weather outside is just perfect today. It had already hit 60 by the time I left for the gym, and on my way to work it was pouring in some parts of town but not raining a bit in others. These pictures were taken from the same spot -- one side sunny, the other looking a little ominous. 
My morning commute included my favorite five minutes of radio every week:
mascara alert: today's is a sad one
and a stop at Starbucks for a healthy dose of chai:
yum.
Even after all that, I was early getting in to the office, which afforded me a lovely 30 minutes to get work done before the phones started to ring.
blurred to protect the innocent... or something like that
Two to do lists are better than one? Things at work are crazy right now and are only going to get worse in the next few weeks. I suppose it's better to be busy than bored, at least.
My quiet half hour was also enhanced by the best sourdough toast on the planet:
excuse the missing bite... I couldn't wait
What a great way to start the day! Now only 5 more hours until I am officially on weekend time... I am so ready for this one.
Hope that your Friday morning was just as wonderful!


   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com