January 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

 I won't go into the gory details, but this week has left me in great need of a little extra patience, a lot of sleep, a brain reset, a glass of wine, new carpeting, a vacation, and a healthy dose of gratitude. Because sometimes, having a new dog is more exhausting than it is fun. Sometimes, having a full time job and also an social life is enough to make you want to quit one or the other. Sometimes, your hormones get so out of whack that you contemplate just sitting on the floor and crying for no apparent reason... multiple times a day. And sometimes, it's nice to stop and just be thankful that you made it through another week.

I realize that I'm more than a little late for this train, but I'm going to chase it on down the track. I bought several Tervis tumblers as Christmas presents this year in a burst of brilliance (breast cancer awareness for my mom, Marine Corps for my stepdad, US Army for Dan), but I've never had one of my own. After Christmas, Dan and I ran across a huge aisle of them in a store and I may have mentioned that now everyone had their very own tumbler that represented their passion... except me. He insisted that I pick out one for myself, so I got the cute little runner above. Oh. My. Goodness am I in love. I never knew it was possible to get so excited about a piece of plastic. These things are incredible though: bigger than a normal glass, always condensation free, dishwasher safe, great for hot or cold, and perfect for both home and the office (in other news, I should probably pursue a career in infomercials). I only made it about three days before I dragged Dan out to get 2 more -- now we have a "woof" and a "meow" to represent the other two members of our family!

This just speaks for itself. How cute is that last little guy?!

I'm not sure what I did all day before I discovered pinterest. I can (and do) kill entire hours browsing, squealing in delight, and adding things to my "crafty amazingness to attempt" list. Now any time I need ideas for gifts, recipes, decorations, or life in general, pinterest is my first stop. Strangely, however, I've realized that while I find a lot of amazing pictures, I rarely pin anything on my own boards. Guess we know what I'll be doing this holiday weekend!

My fantastic boss brought muffins for everyone this morning, and I snagged the last blueberry one. YUM.

My husband truly never ceases to amaze me. I've been begging this guy to be my gym buddy ever since he got home, and he has joined me a grand total of one time in more than a month. Until this morning, that is. When my alarm went off at the crack of dawn, it took just a few seconds of sleepy thought to decide "I'll just go to the gym this afternoon. I'm very comfortable right here, thank you." So I reset the alarm, turned over, and snuggled up to Dan's back. Our conversation went a little like this:
   "Mpf" (Dan)
   "Hmmm?"
   "Mpf"
   "Mpf?"
   "Aren't you going to the gym?" 
   "Not this morning. I'll go this afternoon. I'm sleepy."
   "What if I go with you?"
   "Ha. Ha ha. Hahahaha. Right."
   "No, really. I'll go with you."
Following this statement, my husband actually lifted the covers and proceeded to get out of bed all by himself . (By the way, sweetheart: that was a big mistake -- now I know it's possible.) And so with a bit of grumbling, I too pulled myself upright and we went to the gym. It was brutal, but now I don't have to go tonight, and for that I am infinitely grateful. 

Last but certainly not least, this week I am thankful for the package that is scheduled to arrive at our doorstep any minute now with very precious cargo. Dan has been texting me all morning: "It's in [hometown]!" "It's out for delivery!" "It left the post office at 9:30!" The anticipation is killing me. I promise to fill you in when it gets here!
Happy Friday everyone -- hope that you all had a week with such lovely things!


   Love,

    Meg


0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com