May 25, 2012

Friday Favorites: Toes, Trips, and (Movie) Trailers

Isn't it funny how things always go a little haywire the day before a 3 day weekend? (Answer: no. not funny at all.) After Monday's ridiculousness, things quieted down enough that I was tricked into believing we could slide gracefully into the weekend. Ha. In the past few hours, my to-do list has doubled in size, I've had almost 300 pages of "suggested reading" dropped onto my desk, and we've suddenly reached a very time-intensive wedding task: the gathering of the addresses. Now I know what I will be doing while sitting out on the dock this weekend...
Despite all that, though, it's nice to slow down for a minute and talk about the happy parts of the week. Even though it wasn't all sunshine (literally), the good managed to outweigh the bad yet again and little delights like these made it a great one.

It's been quite a while since I got caught in the rain during a run (and the last time it didn't end so well), but yesterday's 8-miler was graced with about 20 minutes of downpour. Luckily I was prepared with a plastic bag for my phone, so I was able to keep on trucking and enjoy the little shower. It was a nice distraction on what turned out to be a pretty great run... although I think my brand new shoes might disagree:
not exactly the way I was hoping to break them in...
One of my poor toenails is just hanging on for dear life. I have always been a little squeamish about feet, so I'm trying not to think about it too much. But speaking of toes...

Too many pictures of my feet for one post? I promise I'm done now.
There's nothing like a lunch-time pedicure to make you feel special (and kill any chance at productivity for the rest of the afternoon). Thankfully, the poor woman who treated my toes did a great job with the aforementioned almost-casualty... you can barely tell how sad-looking it really is. I don't typically splurge like this, but I thought it would be the perfect way to get ready for:

This pic is from my very first trip to the lake with Dan: I was 18 and we had been dating for about a year. Thankfully, my choice in swimwear has come a long way since then...
We are headed to the lake this weekend for some sunshine and a visit with Dan's wonderful grandparents. We've been trying to plan a trip down for months now, and this long weekend seemed like the perfect time to sign up the dog-sitter and pack up the car. Hurray for relatives that live in gorgeous places and are sweet enough to host us... and feed us... and drive us around in the boat!

Naps. 'Nuff said.

Despite the crazy amount of work that has converged upon my cubicle today, I am quite comfortable in the assertion that my boss is the best in the world. While my previous manager was pretty great too, I am now incredibly lucky to be working with someone closer to my age who is so laid back and good at what she does. I really don't miss the days that I dreaded coming into work.

Thought I'd end on an anticipatory note: Christmas is still a lifetime away, but this is just one of many reasons I wish it would hurry up...

Happy weekend, everyone! Have a safe and fantastic holiday!

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com