May 14, 2012

Monday Again?

A very busy weekend, a long-for-a-Monday-morning run, and a gloomy day outside have left me exhausted and unmotivated today, even though I have so much to do that I don't think I'll ever catch up. Luckily, my to-do lists for work and life seem to mirror each other: I have emails to send, meetings to set, and a ton of events to plan. (The best part of my new job is that it justifies hours I would be spending on Pinterest anyway, browsing not just inspiration for a wedding, but now a company Christmas party too.) If nothing else, I'm going to get really good at juggling in the next few months, as I try to keep track of three photographers, two florists, two DJ's, upwards of three hundred guests, thousands of dollars worth of food, and case upon case of wine that I will need to drink to stay calm through all of this. By the end of this year, I'm fairly sure either I'll be an expert at this or you'll be able to find my crazed ghost roaming the halls of a certain local venue, a crumpled guest list clutched in its hands, muttering things like "I don't care how you do it, just make the people dance!"
Speaking of wedding planning, I was lucky enough to be able to steal my beautiful matron of honor away from her fiance this weekend so that we could do some more wedding dress shopping! I drove to pick her up Friday after work, which made for a late but enjoyable evening. It was nice to have a few hours in the car to myself, and then to catch up on our lives on the way back home. Saturday, we went with my mom to meet N (another bridesmaid) and check out a few shops in a nearby town. That afternoon, we headed back to my hometown for one more appointment before meeting up with Dan and treating my mom to a early Mother's Day dinner. Then yesterday we headed back up to DC to take M home and swing by Ikea (always a good time). Thank goodness my Sunday night urge to clean kicked in last night for the first time in a few weeks, so our poor apartment got a little TLC. It could still use quite a bit more, but at least last night was a big step in the right direction.
As for the wedding dress status, I've got some thinking to do (soon) and a decision to make (quickly). Without giving too much away (hi, hubby!), I am completely torn. I am in love with a certain material and found one dress that, with a few alterations, I believe would be gorgeous, but I also found a dress in a different material that is exactly the style I want.... so that's a bit problematic. I'm not going to lie, I was waiting for the movie moment when I stepped out of the dressing room and there were trumpets and birds singing and everyone just immediately knew. If anything, I was a little scared that I would try on dress after dress and that moment would never come. I don't think it ever crossed my mind that I would love more than one dress and be forced to make such a difficult decision.
(my favorite Garfield strip ever -- this comic is my life in a nutshell)
So there you have it, several reasons why my brain hurts this Monday morning. This week is going to be another crazy one, but I am looking forward to a weekend which, for the first time in months, has nothing planned. I'm hoping to finally get in that long run I've been putting off for the past few weeks, finish a few projects around the apartment, and spend some much needed time catching up on sleep. If only Friday weren't so darn far away still...
Happy Monday, all!

   Love,

    Meg



0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com