March 7, 2011

A Case of the Mondays

I've felt a little bit off all day today. Tired but restless, stressed but bored, annoyed but I just can't put my finger on the reason why. It's actually been a good day, for a Monday. I got up early this morning and went for a great run before work (I thought exercise was supposed to put you in a good mood?) The office was really crazy but the day absolutely flew by. My awesome fiance took me grocery shopping tonight and I (finally) have a fridge full of yummy food that I can't wait to cook eat. I even picked up the enormous wedding issue of martha stewart living -- not a magazine I would normally read, but I couldn't risk missing all the fantastic wedding ideas that I'm sure are lurking underneath its covers. When it comes to wedding planning, I'm definitely a leave-no-stone-unturned kind of girl -- more than willing to sort through thousands of mediocre ideas just to find that one perfect detail. After we left the grocery store, Dan and I grabbed burgers from 5 Guys for dinner -- I've been eating so well lately but I've been craving a good cheeseburger for at least two weeks now, and I was practically drooling all the way home. Not quite as good as a homemade cheeseburger fresh off the grill, but still pretty awesome. Plus when I got home, there was a package sitting on our doormat that I've been waiting for anxiously. Overall? Pretty decent for a Monday.
So why am I still a little down? Call it lack of sunshine, warm weather, and a good tan. That's right, in the college world (from which I have only recently been unceremoniously shoved), this week is spring break. My facebook is full of status updates from Miami, the Outer Banks, and multiple cruise ships which all seem to be floating along towards tropic locations. Unfortunately, the working world doesn't seem to offer such luxuries as a whole week set aside to jet off to warmer climates. But what I wouldn't give for my toes to be here...

Or here...

Really, I'm not too particular. All I ask for is sun and warmth. And maybe a fruity drink. 



   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com