October 30, 2012

Drying Out

I apologize in advance, as it seems that all the rain and high winds around here have swept away any ability to write an exciting or meaningful blog post. I think there must be flooding in my head, because it feels much heavier than normal, and all I really want to do is snuggle up in sweatpants, drink coffee, watch Hocus Pocus, and nap. It has become winter rather suddenly here -- yesterday morning I drove to the gym in shorts (chilly, but not miserable), but by the time I left work at 5:00 I wouldn't have been surprised to see a polar bear walk by. My office and the gym have remained open through the storm, so my days haven't been greatly affected, besides arriving everywhere wet and shivering (and the aforementioned yearning for sweatpants and napping... but really, that's not much of a change from the usual).
We were lucky enough to get lots of snuggling in with our favorite newborn this weekend, and even glimpsed a smile or two:
(with a little sticking-her-tongue-out-at-Dan action)
So sweet! We had a blast watching her big sister loving this new development and hanging out with her mama while her dad headed north for hurricane duty (unfortunately).
Friday night we were so lucky to get out before the storm to meet up with our wedding photographer again for a few extra pictures, since our wedding day was cloudy and it got dark so quickly. It was perfect timing, as the mountains were filled with beautiful colors and the leaves in the vineyard had turned a beautiful yellow. It was kind of fun to wear my dress again for a third and final time, but I'm not sorry that it will be the last time in a long while... having it on is so stressful! I can't wait to see the rest of our pics, and hopefully will get some of the first round loaded onto my computer soon to share.
Although I'm kind of sad that I didn't manage to score a hurrication day like so many of my friends, I can't complain because work has been super busy and the last thing I needed was a day out of the office. Tonight, I have some serious cooking to do, and also need to piece together some semblance of a halloween costume from what exists in my closet... perhaps a slightly fashion-impaired 24-year-old? It's either that or a runner (I know, how original), but I doubt that anyone at the office wants to sit around and smell my sweaty shoes all day...

   Love,

    Meg

0 had something to say:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com